Clavam 625 Tablet is a penicillin-type antibiotic. It helps the patient’s body fight infection caused by bacteria. It is used to treat infections of the lungs (pneumonia), ears, nasal sinuses, urinary tract, skin and soft tissues. Doctors use this medicine in diseases like Tonsillitis, Pneumonia, Bronchitis and Gonorrhea. Clavam tablet is prepared from the combination of Amoxicillin 500 mg and Clavulanic acid 12 mg.
Clavam Tablet is effective against a large number of bacteria. Amoxicillin works by stopping the formation of the bacterial cell wall and killing the bacteria that cause the infection. Clavulanic Acid prevents bacteria from destroying Amoxycillin and ensures extended anti-bacterial activity. Clavam Tablet is best taken with a meal to reduce the chance of a stomach upset.
Benefits of Clavam 625 Tablet
Clavam Tablet Amoxicillin and Clavulanic Acid are two different medicines. They work to kill the bacteria that cause the infection. Amoxicillin works by stopping the growth of bacteria. Clavulanic acid reduces resistance and enhances the activity of Amoxycillin against bacteria.
That medicine can be used to treat a number of bacterial infections such as ear, sinus, throat, lungs, urinary tract, skin, teeth, joints and bones. It makes the pain feel better within a few days. But it should continue to be taken as prescribed. Until all the bacteria die.
What is Clavam 625 Tablet
Clavam Tablet is a combination of two medicines: Amoxycillin and Clavulanic acid. It is used to treat bacterial infections like, tonsillitis, sinusitis, otitis media, respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infections, boils, abscesses, cellulitis, wound infection, bone infection, and oral cavity infections. The medicine works by killing the harmful bacteria that cause infections.
Specifications of Clavam Tablet
- This combination medicine has been prescribed for the treatment of bacterial infections even if resistance has been developed.
- Even if you start feeling better, finish the prescribed course.
- If discontinued prematurely, the infection may come back and become difficult to treat.
- Diarrhea can be a side effect.
- Taking probiotics along with Clavam 625 Tablet may help.
- Talk to your doctor if you have blood in your stool or feel abdominal cramps.
- Take it with food and plenty of fluids to prevent stomach upset.
- Inform your doctor immediately and stop taking the tablet if you have rash, swelling of face, throat or tongue or difficulty in breathing.
- Do not use the left over medicine to treat any future infection.
- Always consult your doctor before taking any antibiotic.
Clavam 625 Composition
Clavulanic Acid 125 mg, Amoxicillin 500 mg
Manufactured by Alkem Laboratories Ltd.
Drug Type – Antibiotic
Prescription – Required
Form – Syrup, Injection, Tablets
Price – 10 tablets for Rs 188.8
Expiry – 24 months from date of manufacture
Clavam 625 Tablet Doses
- It is important to consult a doctor regarding taking the medicine.
- A glass of water should be drunk after or a little before taking the pill.
- This medicine tablet should not be chewed or crushed.
- The doctor prescribes the dosage according to the age, weight, condition, allergies of the patient.
- Medicine is taken thrice a day, twice a day and once a day.
- The dosage is determined by the decision cutter.
- Please read the leaflet inside the package for a better understanding of the medicine.
Auglink CV 500mg/125mg Tablet
Moxikind-CV 625 Tablet
Moxiforce-CV 625 Tablet
Mega-CV 625 Tablet
Fightox 625 Tablet
How Clavam 625 Tablet works
Clavam Tablet is a combination of two medicines: Amoxycillin and Clavulanic Acid. Amoxycillin is an antibiotic. It works by stopping the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of the bacteria. Clavulanic Acid is a beta-lactamase inhibitor which decreases resistance and enhances the activity of Amoxicillin against bacteria.
Clavam 625 Tablet Price
Clavam 625 Mg Tab 10s – 188.80
Flemiclav 625 Tab 6s – 182.90
Novamox CV 625 Tablet 10s – 186.68
Clamp 625mg Capsule 10s – 188.50
How to take Clavam 625 Tablet
- Clavam 625 tablet is to be taken twice a day with water as prescribed by the doctor.
- But the dosage may vary depending on the severity of the infection.
- Clavam Tab can be taken with or after food.
- The tablets should be taken at equal intervals every 6 hours.
- Swallow the medicine whole without crushing it or swallow it cut into two pieces.
- For understanding the medicine one can read the leaflet inside the package.
Clavam Tablet Uses
Used in cases of swelling of the face or cheeks and toothache.
Use in cases of runny nose, drooling, sneezing, sore throat.
Use in cases of pain in upper jaw, face and nasal congestion.
It is used in cases of pain in the bladder, groin and pelvis and burning sensation in the vagina.
Use in case of skin rashes, redness or purulent blisters.
Used in cases of erythema (redness) and edema (swelling).
Precautions of Clavam 625 Tablet
Consult a doctor before taking the tablet in case of heart disease, kidney problem or high blood pressure.
If you are taking pain vitamins, then consult a doctor before using it.
If you are allergic to this tablet, consult a doctor before use.
Do not use the tablet if you are hypersensitive or have a problem with penicillin.
Do not use the tablet while breastfeeding.
Consult doctor before using the tablet during pregnancy.
If you are suffering from any other disease, consult a doctor before use.
Do not use the tablet with alcohol or drugs.
Clavam 625 Side Effects
Nausea or Vomiting
Skin rash and itching
Heavy menstrual bleeding
What if you forget to take Clavam Tablet
If you miss a dose of Clavam 625 Tablet, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Clavam 625 Tablet Uses Video
Clavam 625 Tablet is a combination of two medicines: Amoxycillin and Clavulanic acid.
Clavam 625 Tablet is safe to use when taken as advised by the doctor.
, Thank you for visiting the site!
If you liked this post, do share it with your friends!
Please consult your doctor before using the medicine.
Also Read About –