Plum fruit is a fruit of the rose family (Rosaceae) which is sour-sweet in taste. In English it is known as plum. The plumage resembles a tomato and is purple or red in color. Usually plums are available in the market from May to October. Some of its common varieties include black plums, greenage plums, red plums, yellow plums and pluots.
What Is Plum Fruit
Ajubukhara is a Mosby-like fruit. Which looks red or maroon color from outside. Its taste is sweet in eating plums. And inside plums, vitamin C, vitamin K and vitamin A are found in abundance. And at the same time, plums are also considered to be the main source of fiber. Its use is generally considered beneficial to overcome many problems related to the stomach.
Plum Fruit benefits
Keep bone healthy
The benefits of plum fruit also include bone health. According to a study, eating 100 grams of prunes or dried potatoes per day can eliminate the factors that weaken bones. In addition, it also improves bone mineral density.
Bioactive compounds present in dried plums can reduce the risk of diabetes. Although sweet in taste, dried plums do not work to increase blood sugar. You can eat dried plums as a snack for diabetes.
Plums are high in vitamin C along with a lot of antioxidants. It helps in keeping the skin glowing young and glowing. Some studies have shown Vitamin C helps prevent the appearance of signs of aging on the face including fine lines and wrinkles.
Plum fruit is also helpful in reducing obesity. Plums have very few calories. Therefore this fruit can be helpful in controlling weight. At the same time, due to being rich in fiber, plum fruit is also considered beneficial in reducing weight.
Not only plums but dry benefits of plum fruit are also many. Both contain ingredients that are helpful in fighting cancer. Plum fruit meaning also reduces the risk of breast cancer. The fiber and polyphenols present in dried plums may prove helpful in reducing the risk factors of colon cancer. However, research is needed on this.
Plum fruit contains Vitamin-C and Vitamin-E. Both these nutrients can be helpful in overcoming the problem of loss of eyesight with age. These nutrients are helpful in the prevention of cataracts. Its nutrients are helpful in the prevention of cataract. Dried plums and plum fruits can be used for eye health.
Use of plum fruit
- Plums can be cut and eaten by adding them to oatmeal, salads, yogurt, smoothies and puddings.
- Both plums and dried plums can also be used as pizza toppings.
- The fruit can also be used in muffin breads and other sweets.
- You can also make sour-sweet chutney of plum fruit. You can also drink its juice by making it.
- Dried potatoes can also be used to top ice cream and cakes.
- Dried plums can also be eaten directly as a snack.
Properties of Plum Fruit
- Itching disease occurs in any part of the body.
- So it does not get cured quickly and it also becomes a cause of trouble or insult at many places.
- Plums can also be used in ringworm or itching etc.
- Plum provides relief from ringworm and itching.
Harm of Plum Fruit
- Plums contain laxatives. Therefore, excessive consumption of it can also cause diarrhea.
- Excessive consumption of dried plums can cause gas problems.
- Potassium is found in abundance in plums.
- Excessive consumption of it can lead to hyperkalemia i.e. increased amount of potassium in the body.
- This can cause many diseases like chest pain, shortness of breath, nausea and vomiting.
, Thank you for visiting the site!
If you liked this post, do share it with your friends!
Also Read About –